Sunday, September 5, 2021

Again and Again, Sewing Saves the Day

The beginning of my backing process.   Showing it now so I can prove I have accomplished something today!!!  Should have the rest done by tonight.
I will keep this one because every other one has been snapped up by a family member.
Such memories xoxo
Kids being soooo good today.  Dylan weedwacking in his jammies. And re-loading the string.
Every bit helps get us all back on track.  Kids doing well so far in school.

The minute I rolled out of bed this morning, Lynsey had something bratty to say.
UGH...Then, in quick order, she had cleaned the kitchen, finished making the homemade chicken soup, made deviled eggs., all without my asking.  I am so grateful.  When they are good, .........!!! 

It is so hard for me to stay in the day and do one thing at a time.  I have done nothing, I say.  Then I say,  well, we have just taken 3 more boxes to Goodwill and I have one bag of books ready to give away.  That is something!!!

Pieced backing  done...How I love that word: Done
My man was Catholic, so I inserted an icon in the backing for him.

My constant dilemma ...Should I use this fabric or not??
See, fabric collecting and quilting/sewing are two different passions.
The great batik polka dots above, I bought in Asheville years and years ago.
The grunge red, I got last  year at a sale in Tennessee.  Both, I have hoarded.
Today , I used them.  So hard not to keep fabric I love so much.
However, like my dear man used to say...when I have died,   "Hello Goodwill, Come get  her good stuff that she would not use.  Her ugly is gone!!!!"

He was right, again. xo
Saved by a done, the kids and Himself saying, "Just go sew"  !!



2 comments:

Cjsmimi said...

Good kids (come cook for me Lynsey), special quilt almost done, and lots of memories...sounds pretty awesome to me. I'm with you about fabrics, and using the ones I don't "love" so much. I should make three "giving" quilts (the other term for charity quilts) and then one for me using my favorite fabrics. I'll try that ;-) maybe...

http://thankfullga447 said...

Been following you for a long time and it makes me happy when you have a good day. You should get an award I am sure it isn't easy at our age.