Saturday, September 4, 2021

Going Freaking Nuts

  




Aoife and the animals play in Portland.
Grandma and the cats nod off in Charlotte.

Kids spent the day with my sister...They loved it.
I spent the day with myself...Ah, but I was not really alone.
That Pearl came and stressed me out totally.
Then, I remembered a very important truth.  
If there is a God, it is NOT me!!!
Then, I calmed down...Whew...  

Frustration overcame me and a curse word slipped out before I could correct it.
OMG
The kids  had a heyday with that one...Grandma said this...grandma said that.
Wahoo...Now we  get to curse in this house...OMG
Finally Grandma's last words of the night were:
"Go to Bed"!!!!!

Ennui led me to take two naps on my screened in 
porch in the splendid weather.
And, when old Pearl finally went to bed tonight, I finished this:  

 Finishing this top was huge.  It has been a UFO for at least 5 years.
It turned out almost larger than the design wall, and my old arms struggled to pin it to the wall.  Tomorrow I will piece a backing. One more quilt will be in the "to finish" pile.
Unfortunately for me, my dear son used to spray baste my quilts and before that my quilting groups came by to help.  That meany face Delta is interfering with a lot these days!!

Tonight, before bed, I am putting Pearl's things on the porch.  Tomorrow will be a good day.
I insist!!






1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think you need to drive Pearl to the bus station and buy her a one way ticket to Washington, DC. Love the big top. I bet the kids could help safety pin baste the quilt. We help each other out at quilt guild get togethers basting it on tables. Also, a longarmer can baste it quickly. I use dissolving thread to make it even easier to remove. I don't do commerical longarming, but I help people out at times. I have a hard time keeping up with my own! Whenever I get overtired or over anything, Pearl tries to come knocking and I avoid answerting and go to bed.