Monday, September 6, 2021

Grandma's Very Bad, Awful. No Good Day

 Today, Grandma was off her day.  I asked the children, please to settle down.  Instead, they insisted on being kids and I insisted on being a tired crabby old grandmother who did not feel well.

We had a clash.
They played guns in the house with a hide and seek component.  They played find an item, so I found a garage gasoline can in the bathroom with a hammer, They played let's watch horror movies on U-Tube.  re-arranging the entire darkened room with spaghetti, popcorn, cheeze-its,  OMG  And, they were loud.  They had a  marvelous time annoying old grandma....and just plain having creative fun.! 
Here they are trying to soften me up and say, "Sorry"

These are outfits on sale at Target for 90% off sale, at least 6 years ago.
I certainly got my money's worth as they  have worn them every year when fall comes.

I have been cutting and auditioning some blocks.
Way too fun to play with my African fabric.
The children have announced that sewing is not their "happy place", like it is mine.
It is not that they cannot do it, etc. etc. , They said so, very politely, but.....
Fine, I said...follow your own dreams, but can I use  your design walls for now?
YES!!
The above UFO is on Dylan's design wall for now.  It is part of that purple challenge that goes on and on forever and never seems to stop.
The bottom one is on Lynsey's  design wall.  It is a UFO I started in Sherry Lynn 
Wood's class when she came to Charlotte. https://sherrilynnwood.com/
I call it "Good Folks" because we had soooo much fun in that class.
Tonight I even started a few potholders!!
If my darlings...and even my DIL knew how very relaxing making a potholder can be.  If only....
This grandma will sleep soundly tonight...Dreaming of school starting again tomorrow!! 
xo











1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I know what you mean. If I sew two scraps together, I always feel better. It is magic. Last night, I worked on the treadle and the easy rhythmn put some crusty thoughts out of the way. Love the potholders. Kids are loud. When I was a public school art teacher, some days it felt the classroom sound was a big cube trying to crush me.