Thursday, September 9, 2021

Little Things are Really Big Things in the Difference They Can Make

They call it progress, not perfection..So here is my progress now.
All the four patches are sewn together, not so the rectangles.
I wanted to stay in bed all day today, but kicked myself out and went to the pool.
For sure that was the right decision!!

For the past 4 months I have been crying over my inability to focus/organize/clean/ etc a room in my house that held everyone's stuff,  moved due to the flood and the upstairs carpet replacement.  Just looking at the mess gave me indigestion and grief.  Today, Sherry came over.  In one hour she fixed almost the entire room.  Really???  She is amazing. My spirit is lifted!

I had tried to hang this basket with the help of my Orkin guy.
Without Sherry, it was a disaster...too low. Today she fixed that too..
I am soooooooo lucky.

My favorite flowers I bought myself tonight...Well worth $5.
I want to be my own friend too!!

Dylan cut the grass. Lynsey did some sweeping and laundry. Lynsey got her second Covid shot...Thank you God!!!  She told me that if it made her turn into a zombie, her mother would be furious...Our lovely pharmacist reassured her that that would not happen.  Whew... With that over, I let them take a cart and go grocery shopping.  They LOVE  to do that.!!!  They always put the food away without being asked.  You do know that forbidden sodas came home with  us...Albeit , they were on sale.
I see them already in a secret place by their beds!!

Later Susan came over with a treat. I am so feeling the love tonight. 

Tomorrow I have to have some yucky scan....at 11:00 am,  There is always something.  Then, I will finish those three blocks and take a nap on my porch...So much relief tonight. Like boulders off my shoulders.  And, I do not feel so alone!!!


 



2 comments:

Teresa said...

Love your basket. Do you put anything in it or is it just a beautiful decoration. Your Sunflowers made me smile - so pretty and cheerful

http://thankfullga447 said...

Naps are good. I haven't been doing much sewing I have company from the east; once they are gone I can be in my happy place.