Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Thank you for Your Friendship

"Small Things with Great Love", not yet quilted..but still...


 At noon thirty, after the pool, I spoke to Susie...She revealed that  CVS.com  has a vaccine registration site for flu and Covid.  There is a place on there to check for Covid booster.  Two hours later I was leaving Stonecrest with that booster shot in my arm...Big thanks to Susie!! 
Tonight I am auditioning border choices for this African Quilt..calling it "Going Home"
as in the elephants all going in the same direction...home.
I was so thrilled to finish this top today at the Good Vibes Zoom Retreat.

When I looked closer, Ugh...one square is inside out...I hate unpicking things.Ugh again.
As for the borders, I want the effect of the main part of the quilt just continuing into the border.  I tried that little yellow strip to separate, but do not like it.
Any votes on which fabric looks best to you for the border?

I can see already several to eliminate!!

A note about the other day when I bought my little Rosemary bushes.
There was a line at the plant section check out.  I had my cane and my plants.
The two "old" people in front of me told me to go first.  I told them thank you and that I loved them.  The next person in line said she wanted me to love her too...so I could cut in front of her.  I said, I love you too. 
 As I left, I looked back saying and waving, I love you all.  And all of them waved back at me and said I love you too...It was a moment of humanity and smiles.  I did not know their religion, nor their political affiliation...This charming moment was just a touch of  kindness that stayed with me all day.  xo   Hope....


3 comments:

deb oldenburg said...

i have followed your blog for quit awhile. love your quilt in progress. i see blue or turquoise for the outside border. actually you could leave the borders as they are now. both different and it still is smashingly good looking. add some fabrics with blue for the top and bottom borderes? just suggestions you have more options than you think.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your colors, it is autumn and I am so happy. I love the kindness you received and you deserve it. I have been stitching the last few days and this makes me so happy. I have to admit I am in my own world sometimes.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love this story so so much!
Love your African Fabric quilt so much (and its border looks great!) Love your sweet friendship quilt! Love you too 😘
❤❤❤