Monday, January 3, 2022

A Wind Blows Thru Charlotte

Our Aoife still adjusting to her 3 week visit to Charlotte..now back in Portland, and now with a fever, Doctor has been summoned.

Today's accomplishments:  Choosing and ironing the backing for this random flimsy.

Also, took Dylan for his allergy shots, only to find out that I was a month late...a month late???
How could that be..OMG  Bad Grandma!  Now he has to go in extra days for extra shots, starting next Monday.  He is mad at me and so sad..He said that even a milkshake would not fix this...I think I am losing my focus.

An hour after that I took Lynsey to a doctor appointment for her earache and headache and sore throat.  Negative for Covid and Strep...Now, she is home resting on the sofa. So done today, that I am in my sewing room alone while they do video things in the next room. 
 Bad storm last night. Trees fallen over the roads caused delays today.
I must carry on......
Second finish of the New Year:  Ugly 20 year old sale pillow from Marshalls.
Washed and now adorned with my beloved African fabric.  Cover is removable and washable, just as I like it.

This New Year has begun, let us begin too..

Pledged to self not to buy anything online this month. On just January 2, already I bought a package of button batteries for $5 online😭😭 

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Don't get down on yourself for missed appts. They are not a moral failing. Get or print out a whole year calendar and have the kids mark all their stuff on it. We keep ours on the dining room wall. On Sundays, we look through the calendar to note what has to happen that week. Life is too hard to beat yourself up on small details when there are tsunamis.

Nancy said...

I used to be so good about remembering every appointment for everyone. Not anymore I now say that is what calendars are for. I put everything on both the paper calendar in the kitchen and on my phone with a reminder. Actually two reminders, one the day before and one at least an hour before. Thinking back to a month ago… isn’t that about the time you fell? At least one of the times.may have been before you got the new car too so you were still struggling with the old van. I think we can only deal with so much at a time.