Saturday, January 29, 2022

Mama Said

Mama Said, There would be days like this!


Lynsey is my right arm....so  helpful.  She has been so sick with a virus on the sofa for 4 days now.  She has Vicks on her chest and neck. She has Tylenol.  She has a decongestant...Nothing fixes the all over aches she has...Poor Lynsey is pathetic to watch. Her throat is so sore she can barely eat...Tests negative for Covid, negative for Strep, negative for flu, negative for mono, and all her blood work is fine.  We are so used to throwing an antibiotic at things for a quick fix...that this is frustrating.  A virus...a lot of viruses going around said the doctor.  Hopefully she will soon round the corner.  Meantime,  her  brother is stepping up...Wonderful!!!!    And a big thanks to my sister for bringing treats today.

I am sewing and listening to my grandmother's favorite singer..Jim Nabors 
Being comforted by my grandmother...born 1896, died 1996. Missing her tonight.   

     


2 comments:

Nancy said...

My mom and grandmother always had me gargle with warm salt water when I had a sore throat. I actually prefer now to suck on a zinc lozenge but will still gargle. I also drink tea with honey and lemon in it. Sometimes those old time remedies really work.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Prayers for Lynsey. Sometimes a big dose of Vit. C and D can knock a virus down. They are blessed to have you.