Sunday, January 9, 2022

As My World Turns

Morning Aoife!!! 
 She does not like to get dressed, nor wear hats in the cold Portland weather.
However, if Monkey wears a hat, then Aoife wears a hat!
Soon in the mail and on the way to Aoife:  Lynsey's doll sweaters hand made by the talented and generous Eithne

I am improving, but still nuts.  The other day I told someone I had enough fabric??  Really??
And, Aurefil thread is now $12 a spool and bread is $3 a loaf!! I continue to sort out things I no longer love nor need.  It might take 50 years, I do not know.

Why is it so hard to throw away stuff...I love this vintage bottle with no lid.
My guess is that my next visitors will put it in the Goodwill....sigh!
NO WONDER there is chaos around here..as I foraged thru the African scraps on my table,
I found this:  a partially eaten cucumber....When I called the kids...they thought it was hilarious.
I do not find it hilarious.
Messing with the borders on this quilt.

It was a sober moment when my new extra large, extra tall walking high walker arrived.
Gary and Linda and Dylan put it together.  I was so taken back when I saw it, that I told myself it was purchased in preparation for my old age....Once I put my hands on it I was thrilled.  My balance  has become so bad after my last fall, that I cannot go for a walk. Between being able to walk down my street now and go to the  pool twice a week, I might get better.  But, then at my old age, I might not.  Since Emily's visit I have had more hope, so I am going to try to get stronger.  As poet, Samantha Reynolds says in one of her poems......I must get used to being the riverbank instead of the river.  Accepting life as it is, not as I want it to be. Very hard.

I did not realize that raising grandchildren might wear on me, nor did I think I was going to decline in energy...What was I thinking???  Now I know.  Now, I am thinking that I had just better start on my lovely Marcia Derse fabric!!!






2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes, just hit the fabric Diane!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Sobering thoughts but still filled with hope and positivity. Lovec the two darling monkeys and hat story And the doll sweaters! What treasures. Oh how she will love putting them on stuffed animals or dolls as she grows up! Gifts that are homemade are priceless treasures to remind us of loved ones,friends and family long after they are gone. May we last as long as our health holds out and we still have joy in the making and the sharing! So happy for you and your new walker!