Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Storm and I


Lori Holt, Scrappy Crossroads block

Dressing Monkey for her walk.
Portland is a great place for showing of her purple rain boots.

As the cats and I wait for the big bad storm to come in a few hours, I am busy distracting myself with my birthday chocolate bar that I finally found.  Lori Holt is also helping me stay calm with her tute on one of my favorite blocks...Just happens that I found these 16 patch blocks already made.  So much fun with a lot of the work already done.
Today, I used my new and awesome street walker for exercise.  I Zoomed friends, some quilters, some not.  I found a battery emergency radio from hurricane preperations and an LED light  that uses batteries.  I am going on the belief that we will keep our power.  If not, there are a few quilts around here to keep me warm.and I am as prepared as I can be.

The calm before the storm.



 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am glad you found those blocks. Sounds like you are prepared. I have a treadle in case the power went out, but the cold is always a problem in power outages. Thrilled you could manuever with your walker. Keep us updated.