Saturday, January 22, 2022

January 22...Happy Quilty Love, 18 months Aoife

Aoife's mommy loves her soooo much.  She made a birthday tent for her.
Mommy made it even more special for the night.
Aoife was not interested, thus no picture of Aoife..sigh.
I am so thrilled that my girl loves quilts and uses them!!!
I made the butterfly one 40 years ago..stuffed and hand quilted.
Final horse block.  I realize that I could not decide on the corner blocks because the value was off.  When I was sewing it together tonight, I put it by mistake, into star form.
Mistakes are good.  Value good now!!
Another random block using leftovers from my Crossroads quilt,.
Crossroads top done, Basic grey border 2.5 inches, binding will be in dark blue.
Once again, plans awry....I do not have enough of this blue, plus I am wondering if it is too dark and might show thru the white in the top.
Better close up of the white grunge.  Now it is finished from my stash.  I should have bought more....

Winter's eve in Charlotte, last night so pretty.
Whose bed is this anyway???????
Kids coming home tomorrow.
Tomorrow is my son's 37th birthday.
Last night I went to bed at 3 am and got up this afternoon at 1 pm.
Going to try better tonight





 

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice blocks! The new quilt is wonderful. I love butterfly quilts. Get some rest. If I stay up too late, my body has a hard time getting back into rhythm, like it was drunk.

barbara woods said...

Your bedtimes sounds like some of mine before my hubby told the Dr. That I started kicking and woke myself up. put me on meds for "restless" leg and now I sleep like I did many years ago