Saturday, January 1, 2022

Winter Wooden Birds

Now that there is some calm past the holidays, I gathered my flock of birds for comfort and decoration.
I had planned to hang them from the light strings on my fans, but they did not show off their beauty like that.  I could arrange a bird's nest.  I will keep thinking.
I have put a ribbon with Rosemary to keep around a happy scent.
The wood carving artist is Rich DiFranco.

There is some nice peace around here.  I am doing one thing at a time on the chore front. Also concentrating on my passions like reading and creating.
Kids are coming back  tomorrow.

Aoife's sheep quilt was a big success. Looking for the pattern to share with my friends, I am  hitting a stone wall.  The pattern name is: "Counting Sheep" by Irene Berry.  It was published in The Quilt Life. June 2014.  I cannot find it anywhere...Maybe one of you all could help me find it??? I cannot even find Irene Berry.

My mother used to say that old age is the great neutralizer.  No longer does anyone care about what your job was, nor your money, nor your education.  Noone cares about anything but being kind to each other.  We finally understand that life is a challenge for everyone.

In the aftermath of holidays, I am going through things that I no longer want.  My girl and her man helped a bunch with that....However, I have been quite the collector in my day. 

Today, with encouragement from friends, I threw away my folder of obituaries!!!
Today was stunning! High of 76 on January 1st with a lovely breeze.  It was just perfect to start a new book outside. The best ever start for the New Year!




 

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I found the pattern in the issue you mentioned and it says it may not be reproduced or distributed without permission of American Quilter's Society. I did a search of their site and didn't find it there. Maybe someone who wants the pattern can find the magazine on Etsy or ebay.