Friday, January 28, 2022

Someone has Ennui

First of all, I have looked everywhere for the applique blocks from forever ago, that could possibly work here.  But, oh no, I cannot find them.  I got myself so aggravated that today, I had to take the piece off the wall.  Here are the blocks, taking a rest.
From the scraps of the Crossroads quilt, come this baby top. It is now, halfway assembled. I did move some of the blocks around due to value.
I so miss my husband.  We used to ply our arts together, then meet for lunch. We used to sit outside and read together...He with his Irish tea and me with my diet Coke. Good memories.
So getting weary of orange.
Will look around for either a new UFO or a new  sample block.
There is even more blocks left of orange....into the basket they go for another day.

Lynsey is still out of school sick.  
Dylan made hard boiled eggs, pealed them for sandwiches.  He chopped them with mayo and onion...Voila with toast, they were yummy.  He also made the corn bread for the chili the other night.  Tonight his sister insisted that she would feel better, if he made brownies...yes!!  He preheated the oven, set the timer, did the mixing, did it all.  And, he now gets himself off to school with no delay..
 with his sister sleeping off her virus .  I just love to see him so grown up!! and helpful.

Finally a new picture of our Aoife....She is starting to look a bit more like her mother!!




 

1 comment:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You really have some wonderful memories of time with your dear husband. Cute Aoife.