Saturday, December 12, 2020

2020 Sanity

It is still all about Aoife!  Here is a Christmas present from me.
At 4.5 months she fits inside it!!!  Now all my grands have bags.

The Irish insides...ha ha a sheep pocket.
Label from her grandma.
 I have made so many bags for children in this style with their name on it.
Hello...this time I made things so much easier by gluing the top together before I inserted the straps.
Easy peasy to just stitch them then.  Just a swipe of regular glue stick from the office.

Guess who sleeps in her own bed now??
Guess who rolls over now??
Guess who smiles in the morning to her mother after a good night's sleep?

North Carolina news:  Governor has issued a partial lockdown.  No one is to be out between 10 pm and 5 am.  No alcohol sold after 9 pm.   Next up.....Last night's school board meeting closed in person learning until January 19, 2021.  That starts upcoming Monday. Our hospitals are reaching capacity and those in South Carolina are worse. It is truly scary. Dylan will be in school tomorrow.  I am hoping Lynsey will help me with some Christmas things in-between her lessons..

Evan and his mother ordered black masks....Ugh...
Of course I made them.  For me and my cataracts, black is impossible to see.
At least I snuck in a bit of color for the filter pockets on the back and for the elastic.

 What is keeping me sane??  I think it is friends Zooming...My ALS support group had an awesome Zoom the other night with friends from across the country.. My Charlotte modern quilt guild...Zooms once a month...My regular quilt guild once a month.  Weekly Zooming with my Wednesday night quilt group.  Zooming every Saturday night with my Naranon group...And, chats with blogging friends and local friends.  Daily Facetime with my Aoife and my daughter. 
And texting..the magic of checking in with folks in a nonintrusive way.

My son doing the laundry and fixing things.  I am going to lighten up on the school thing...try to have a bit more fun at home here with the grands.  I do not know how they can fail any child for heaven's sake.  Internet is off and on and hotspots sometimes do not work.  And, that is just in the city. Lynsey is loving remote learning.  The boys, not so much...What is that they say about there being a difference between boys and girls????

Today was nice enough to sit outside with a book and a jacket...sunny 64 degrees F.  I wanted the children to come outside with me and read...but, NO..Both of them preferred Tik Tok and Mindcraft  Oh, well..

I want to give a million dollars to Dylan's fifth grade teacher.  I do not have that....but she is so worth it.

I have also discovered what everyone has known for years.  Being outside and doing a bit of exercise helps my mood.  Focusing on one thing at a time that I can accomplish, steadies me.

Look for the Light



3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both the bag and the masks are adorable. So good of you to make them. The bright backs of the black masks would make me happier too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is such a beautiful bag you made for that cutest little granddaughter. I just love the baby pictures and watching her grow.

Cherie said...

OH that baby is so adorable with a capital H. The bag is a nice idea. At first I thought it was a little sleeping bag with shoulder straps. I totally agree about being outdoors. It lifts my mood enormously if I can get outdoors for a while.