Thursday, December 17, 2020

Birthday Love

Thank you dearest Aoife!!!

Today was the day I turned 73. 
 Lynsey made the chocolate cake...modified with a package of chocolate morsels and a few extra tablespoons of water...She said it was so yummy, we did not need frosting.
My sister sent peppermint ice cream...Oh, my...
A little warm mulled wine for the season...which of course, starts today!!

Heather drove all the way from Waxhaw to give me her homemade trivet and my arthritis kept me from even answering the door!!  Isn't the trivet wonderful!!!!

Three visitors today...Unbelievable and tons of good wishes.
I have not had visitors like that in forever.
Bev and Ginny all the way from Mint Hill with this treat.
And honestly...the treat was the outside visit with masks...in this lonely time!!


Linda made me Five dishcloths...OMG  I want to hang them on the wall!!
Plenty of homemade chocolate cookies.
How all my friends and family knew chocolate is my thing....is just amazing.

My girl called in Chinese food from Portland to Charlotte...My son picked it up.
Such a treat!!
My son cleaned all the floors..He wrote a lovely note of gratitude as did our Lynsey.
Soo many texts, emails, phone calls...Amazing.....I am so lucky.
Lynsey wrapped my present in fabric to save the trees!

Thank you friends and family and God and world.
Like my mother used to say....I am glad I lived this long!!
AND........
Thank you Aoife!!!!!!




















 

9 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you were well celebrated!

Cherie said...

Happy birthday. It sounds as though you have had a wonderful one. Be gentle with yourself today and bask in the obvious love of your friends and family

Joye with an e said...

Such sweetness all around to celebrate you! Happy birthday to you!

Jean Etheridge said...

Happy Birthday! What sweet treats!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Happy Birthday, wishing you less pain and lots of chocolate. This blog is such a keeper, when you have a low day check this page out.

livelymonkey said...

Happy Birthday Dear Diane. What a beautiful family you have raised!!! I’m so happy you had a great day...sending hugs, Mona

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday, you are so blessed to have 2 children and 4 grandchildren who love you so much. I remember being 73, it seems so long ago (7 years) and you are young, remember that!!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Diane! It sounds like all the people that love you made it a wonderful day! Enjoy letting all that love soak in!

Emily said...

Happy belated birthday, Diane! Sounds like you had a wonderful day filled with friends, family, and chocolate!