Monday, December 21, 2020

Winter Solstice Shines Some Light

Another place in my home decorated.  My man's handicap bathroom downstairs.
For some reason, this bathroom brings me joy as it was a gift from friends.
It is huge and spacious and happy...(as happy as a bathroom can get).
BTW, This cat quilt is white too...how many shades of white in a spectrum???
From a chilly Portland with love, Emily, Aoife and Rosie, on a walk today..

My grands went to stay with their mother for a few days. They insisted that there was no school today.  A new week...a vacation week.  I looked it up, but there were triangles and circles, etc..
Alas, tonight I received 3 robo calls...from a high school, a middle school and an elementary school proclaiming unexcused absences for all.  Confusing.  There should have been a direct email:
Grandma O'Quilts...There IS school on Monday... With the Ava operation, etc..it was easy to become confused.  AND, if you had seen the darling, sincere eyes insisting today as the start of winter break, you too may have believed them!!!!
Tonight watching sappy movies, I finally finished this top.
A finish.  I do hate to do the quilting, but...I am glad this is done.
I think I will do straight line quilting.....someday ...

Tonight's story is thanks to Paula.  Her man died of ALS just like mine did.  But the first Christmas after, her kids bought her a tattoo copied from a card her husband had sent her.  Love.
Of course, my kids must have thought that I was way too old and wrinkly for this nice thing. because it was never offered up to me!!
I can enjoy Paula's...Way to go girl.

Tonight I am calm.  My son and I cannot find the Christmas star, here in the woods, but we found Orion. And, it was lovely outside in the dark.

Everyone needs time alone. It offers a calm, crack, open for a sliver of hope.






 

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and let's get 2021 in order. My friend who helped our friend by taking her shopping, doctor's appointment just passed away of ALS. I remember when she told me one day if she could just walk better and then it all went down hill. She has been in a nursing home this last year so she had good care. She can now party up in heaven with our friend.

Emily said...

I am not a fan of tatoos in general, but that one is a lovely tribute and remembrance. The CMS calendar for Monday was super confusing! I had my son ask his teacher on Friday because I couldn't tell if there was school or not on Monday.