Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Teacher With a Big Heart

Sharing the large piece of hand- dye I got a few years ago from Andy.
I think it is perfect for the back of my Delectable Mountains quilt.

This year has been so hard.  Remote learning has been hard...Well, I do not need to tell all of you.
HARD!!
Then this from Dylan's teacher to the parents of her class.
Shared with us, her view and her love for what she does.
Our family loves this teacher.  She gave me permission to share it with all of you.

Dear Parents
Well, we made it!!  We survived the first semester of Remote/Hybrid Learning!!
I have decided to focus on the positive aspects of our semester together...so here goes:

1.  Your child is a gift.  There is no other gift that can top your child-truly a priceless gift for you and for me.

 2.  Your child learned so much more than academics...how to use technology as a tool for meeting, how to create an atmosphere of learning from home, how to join a virtual community. 

3.  Your child perseveres...showing up daily for Zoom and sticking with it, turning in work through a computer (not easy), staying engaged through lessons and work times.

4.  Your child shows grace...patient with me as I navigate the tech world, patience with a classmate who is not on a meeting right away, patience in waiting for feedback and grades.

5.  Your child shows compassion...helping others (including the teacher) figure out how to use technology with a gentle voice.

6.  Your child still laughs, still smiles and still brings joy to me every morning at 8:15

So here's what we can take away from all this...your child has grown in ways that test scores cannot measure.  These kids are ahead...they have learned to make the best of a difficult situation and that is the best learning of all.  This group has learned so much more that any of us can even imagine...

Please enjoy this time off with your child.  Enjoy all they have to offer.

Thank you so much foe your tremendous support this year and all of the wonderful gifts I have received in the past few weeks!!!

Have a great break and see you in 2021.

Kristin Reich, Fifth Grade Teacher, Olde Providence Elementary School

 

 Because of this, I go to bed tonight with a smile on my face.

Lynsey making 3 kinds of cookies with her Dad.  I can hear her bossing him around from my sewing room.  Dylan making jar openers on my sewing machine.

xoxo 

 

 


1 comment:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Merry Christmas, such a lovely letter from the teacher. They are CHILDREN; we forget that sometimes. Crazy year and so far we are doing OK when you think about it. My grandchildren are growing up and I miss those hugs and grandma could do no wrong.