Monday, December 7, 2020

Holiday Season 2020

 Here is our handsome Dylan...fifth grade...

Look what I bought myself for my birthday!!!!
I just love colored duct tape.  $16 for 12 rolls, I could not help myself.

How do we spell friendship??  Homemade MOLASSES  cookies.
Aoife learning Tic Tac Toe...
Our family Christmas version,

I am finally working on a Christmas present.
Our tree is up and crooked. A 2020 tree!!
When the kids come back from their mother's house this weekend, we can decorate.
No one is coming, but this 2020 demands and deserves bright and cheery.
I see a package under the tree...I had joked with Lynsey that we were going to wrap with fabric to save paper....so there I find my good Denise Schmidt fabric under the tree!!! Ha!!                                                        
A holiday present that sounded the alarm
Dylan cannot wake in the morning. Neither can his father.
Finally, Grandma O'Quilts got fed up with it and ordered them each an alarm clock
It was billed as an alarm of all alarms...for even deaf people.
This is what I get for looking for a quick fix!!!
This alarm is so loud and piercing that my ear still hurts.
It is worse than the fire alarm...OMG
Guess I will have to send it back....cry....cry..sad..

On a NC personal note:
I went to the grocery store just now and apologized to the supervisor who
helped me when my PTSD was triggered last month.  Talk about shame and ego...she did not remember it....either she sees many meltdowns in the grocery store..Or I see myself as the drama queen..

My dentist has retired.

Now, my vet has sold his business and retired..

I do not do well with loss.

On Black Friday, I bought a chair for my sewing table.
Unfortunately it turned out to be a gaming chair that gives my legs no support.
I have to return it.  NOW, old lady reads the small print.  Returns are on my own dollar and they have a restocking fee....I am beside myself making poor decisions....I think I was using Black Friday Prime as some kind of Covid tranquilizer....UGH

We are not giving holiday presents to adults this year, which is a big relief.
In fact we are having a 2020 Christmas...sigh....four people.

Ten days until my birthday...I am doing the best I can.
I am doing 6th grade social studies and science...I am interfacing school work between teacher and student in remote learning.  I am doing my PT home exercises.
I am responsibility free tonight....That, my friends, means a sewing night xo










1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

I think you are doing amazingly well! And hey! Glad I checked in to see you're a birthday girl this month. I am too just not yet. I think I will stop having birthdays. Period! They make me feel old when I think I'm still 35 inside but someone just forgot to tell my body! Forget my mind. It certainly forgets enough on its own! Happy December dear friend.