Sunday, December 20, 2020

A Novel Year

 Everything...just everything, is different this year. Flexibility has to be one of the most popular words of this year...although we do fight it so.  This year, Santa is now planning to wrap presents in plastic grocery bags tied with fabric scraps...2020, a year to remember!!!

From Portland came this picture of our Aoife admiring the snowman rug made by  her Granddaddy.

When I first met my husband in graduate school, he was into rug hooking.  He  made this for us for our first Christmas married in 1980.  Forty years ago??  Is this vintage  yet..??  Well to Aoife, it is for sure.
Mr. O'Quilts would be thrilled to see her loving it so.


The above shows us how slow Grandma is now-a-days. Every week or so, I am able to sew on one border and I have to blog about it...cuz  it is a big deal for me.
Slow, unfocused...Four days until Christmas Eve.
No sugar cookies  made.  Nothing wrapped. House a mess.
But... life gave me permission..cuz it is 2020!!!!

In the next room, the children are watching Zombies with their father.
Old lady asks, "Is it appropriate".??  Well, they all find this hilarious...Zombies???
With blood coming out of their noses...All three of them, 35, 11 and 12 love it!!

I am detaching myself to my sewing room for survival.  I turned on a Netflix movie, only to read on the credits that it was based on some Harlequin novel...It has come to this!!  OMG  I am stooping low for peace.
My sister said that I am not the only one under stress this December...
Here we are 7 years ago at my birthday. My man was paralyzed in the bed with ALS and I took guardianship of my darlings.  My man died a year later.  My mother fell out of her wheelchair and broke her neck 5 months later.... We carried on.
They were three, four and seven.  Now they are 11, 12 and 15 and I am way over 100.

Just seeing this picture tonight helped me see that the O'Quilt family is a survivor!!!!
We will carry on!!!





1 comment:

Cherie said...

Oh love, what a year. It's nearly over and then we have a whole fresh shiny new one to look forward to. I hope you manage to have a wonderful Christmas. You are clearly filled with and surrounded bu=y love. Stay safe my friend. x