Saturday, December 19, 2020

Life Has a Mind of It's Own

 

 Attaching the border to my Delectable Mtns...quilt top.

I love it.. I hope I have enough.
Dylan is sewing closed the rip in his Tiger.  It would have been so much easier
for me to do it, rather than teach him how..
It was worth the time.  I did offer to wash it...
but NO..Dylan likes Tiger just the way he is.!
Birthday present on the wall in my sewing room.
Heather's adorable folded star, now sparkling on my wall.

My weekend R and R was cut short today, with the arrival back of my two youngest grand darlings.
Lynsey and Dylan had been with their mother when their little sister became sick.  Emergency!!!
Ava needed her 4th brain surgery.  The shunt failed again.  The tissue grew over the shunt so it could not be removed and a new one was inserted. It seems to me...woefully uninitiated, that 4 times a failed shunt is a bit too much for a 2.5 year old.  I hope this does not have to happen every six months. As we speak, the operation is over and Ava is eating cookies and chocolate milk, in the hospital.
Spending the night or so for observation. .with her exhausted mother.
We are grateful

I think I remember a carefree youth where my family took care of me  In  high school, I remember staying up late eating pretzels and Dr. Pepper.  I felt well taken care of...
I do not feel so carefree lately!!!!


A dear friend of my son sent this yummy Guatemalan fabric to me.
When I tell my son how do I say "Thank You"?
My son says, it was a gift from God...so thank God.
And, so I did.!!










No comments: