Saturday, December 19, 2020

Grandma Under Pressure...Santa is Coming, You Know

One thing decorated!!
I have succumbed to red wine and red and green M&Ms.
My DIL in the hospital exhausted--- Ava recuperating..
Leaves little time for her to help the other children
get presents for each other...I mean really, Christmas is about giving....lessons to learn. 

Too late now for Amazon and old grandma too nervous to go to a store.
And when I asked them...Let's sew...they did not want to leave the computer games..
We will just take a breath knowing tomorrow is a new day.


Golden Christmas lights finally arrived from Amazon.
Covid brain here...ordered by mistake, two packages of Halloween lights.

Ten pm.  Grandma needs respite.  Please let Grandma have the quiet privacy of her own sewing room.
OK  !!
It is bedtime for the children, so I made myself guacamole from the avocados that were ripe.
Into my sewing room, I crept...only to find two children with plates already joining me.
AND, they were eating among my fabric...OMG

I am eating so much junk food, due to holiday stress and Covid stress, that I will never, ever fit down the chimney in 5 days.  What to do??? What to do??

There were many years that I was up sewing past midnight, the night before Christmas.
In a wink of an eye, those days for me are over..
Another lesson, I guess.

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your Christmas quilt is so pretty and your decorations are very festive. The holidays are already stressful and this year adds even more stress. Please take it easy and take some things off your list. The grandkids can figure out on their own what to give each other. Maybe they can make something for each other (drawings?). And they can clean up the crumbs from your ironing table.