Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Phoenix Finds Mrs. O'Quilts.

 Mrs. O'Quilts has been feeling the effect of world-wide doldrums....No sewing, no nada...lots of sleeping.Today was stunning outside.  I read one book in a chair in the sun, the other on my exercise bike .  

With energy, tonight after the news, I sewed!!
This has been on my design wall for a month or so..
Maybe it was seeing those vaccines roll out tonight...Maybe it was the exercise.
But, tonight I rose like the Phoenix with energy to sew.
When the Pandemic started, I joined others to choose projects to finish while isolating.
I chose four.  This is the only one near done, but I am excited.
Success begets success.
Just a small batik border and I can baste and quilt.
This is old fashioned Delectable Mountains, but Bonnie Hunter does have a tute for it.


Yesterday I got my first birthday card!!!
Last night's giggle fest after Canasta!
If we look into the room, high on the top shelf of the book case, there is a small turquoise box or two of Trader Joe's minty star Christmas cookies. Yup, they are still there...Lynsey, taking advantage of her old Grandma's wobbly nature.  I do have a grab stick, but I might fall.  AND, there are still many days until Christmas!!  Sigh!!

Yesterday morning, French toast was delivered to my sewing room by Chef Lynsey..  
All dusted with powdered sugar and topped with my favorite blueberries.
She must have learned this from the baking channel or Tik Tok.
Delicious.
Tonight my son took his children on a long bike ride through the woods and golf course.
I said, NO...too late...snakes come out at night...Do you have helmets and lights..
I was ignored.  They all came home flushed with joy.  They had the best time ever.
Parenting is for youth.!!
Tomorrow it is to be cold and rainy.
Remote learning starts up again.
Perfect for snuggling with a book.














3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think it was the exercise that gave you the energy. Sunshine here this morning, that is a little energy booster too.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your delectable mountains quilt looks so pretty!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your quilt top is looking beautiful, love the colours and it won't long to have the border on. Lucky you having a very willing cook in the kitchen. Sorry to hear about poor Zoe - and the worm problems!!