Saturday, August 29, 2020

Chicken Scraps Quilt Top

This top was finished tonight.  I am glad I stuck with it..but it was a bear!!

Usually, I audition 2 or 3 fabrics, as color is my thing...not with this one..

  This is just part of the work...It was stewing on the design wall for days. One had too little contrast. One was too busy.  One had the wrong hue...OMG..I just could not get it right.  This quilt top almost went into a UFO pile.

I am happy with it now...not perfect..not that "YES" feeling, but happy.

What I am not happy with is this new blogger that double spaces when I do not want it,  among other things.

Today's good day had me doing ALL my physical therapy exercises.  Finishing this top, reading, puttering.  My son has bought our new hot water heater, not installed yet. So still no hot water.

What I did not know about grief until my husband died.

 

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Love that quilt, but did you say you were looking for some matching blue? Did you find it? Aren't our socially distanced lives wacky?

Connie said...

I love your quilt. The pattern and the fabric are so retro and remind me of the old fashioned quilts of my childhood. I too have problems with the new blogger, so much that I've started posting the photos first and then typing at the end of the post. Every time I try to place type between my photos it messes up and drives me a bit crazy.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I think it is a fabulous looking quilt! Great border for it.