Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Covid Crazy....and More Crazy...

 Aoife creeping for the first time....3 and a half weeks old.

Grandma got to watch it on Whats APP!!!

Aoife was put on her stomach in the middle of  her co-sleeper to see what she would do.  What she did shocked us all...She crept from her co-sleeper all the way onto the bed until she reached her mother.

Some of us are ditsy and can find nothing, nothing at all..
Today came, via prime...24 seam rippers for $7.  
My time is worth more than 7$ an hour...whew..
Here they are in a plastic pouch on my door.
Also had to note in my phone notes:  "Finding Things"  Age is upon me, you know.
I still have not found my new box of 100 sewing machine needles.
Tonight I ran away from home to Trader Joe's.  I got honey and blueberries and avocados.
Most importantly, I got out of the house and out of myself.
No sewing today
Remote schooling carried on without me as my son told me to sleep in and he would take care of it all.
Struggling to find hope, I see joy with,Aoife creeping...A neighbor leaves cheese on my porch, A friend brings Oreos, A friend sends daily texts, A friend listens without judgment, instead of telling me to be grateful or that everything will be OK!

Hope comes in the shape of blogging friends.
It comes thru the physical therapists at KCP who encourage me on.
I find a step at a time leads to miles. (not on my terms, of course!!)

As I work on today, yesterday comes from funny  places.
The times when I had  more energy.
Look:  I found my old Russian visa from when I worked with the airlines.

This was 50 years ago. Crazy that I kept it...crazy that I keep almost everything.
Crazy that life goes so fast. Crazy that I am no longer that age.
Just look at Aoife, crawling to her mother, and she is less than 4 weeks old.
I read today, that mental health during Covid is coming to grips with grief and with powerlessness.
The article suggested that we learn to accept these things as it looks like Covid will be here for quite awhile.  Thanks to Pat for another scheduled widow group driveway get together..
Thanks for quilting Zooms.
Thanks for one more day.

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a lot of seam rippers! Make sure you separate them - they might multiply if left alone! What a cool visa. You should definitely keep it.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wow Aioefe creeping in unimaginable. I know and i believe that all babies born now during these times are exceptional gifts from God and this darling is showing she will not be held back from soaring! 🥰😇🤗🥰 Look out world the principle of the full on Divine Feminine is upon us! 💜😇💜

Mystic Quilter said...

Aoife is a clever little treasure! The old saying Hope Springs Eternal comes to mind Diane when reading your post, You have good friends I see from reading your blog posts, they keep us sane! How amazing to come across your visa from all those years ago, it's good to find things which take us on a trip down memory lane.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Lots of positivity at a stressful (understatement) time. Hope! Your visa is a treasure. And wow about Aoife! Remind me how you pronounce her name?