Saturday, August 22, 2020

Maybe...

I must have shown this potholder a million times on this blog.  Again...here we are..A T-shirt for my 6 month old son..made into a potholder...I practiced free-motion quilting circles on this potholder.
My son is now 35 years old and the potholder, well used, is in great shape. I really still love it.
Maybe you understand and maybe you do not.
An entire day gone....with nothing much to show for it.
A shower???
Physical therapy??
A nap??
Watching a few sewing tutorials?
Tonight, I am making up for lost time!!
I am going to make a bag for my new granddaughter.
Found the perfect fabric...Oh, there is not enough!

Going to make a little pouch for my eye doctor with glasses fabric.
Hmmm I know I have some Japanese print in purple or pink...Or I had a pink with black glasses.
Cannot find it...Well, here is some in beige and black that I had forgotten I had.
What to make with it?  How to jazz it up.
Remembered that I could give it for Christmas, not next week when I pick up my glasses. Whew..

Watching Tula on U-tube, I remembered that I really liked that fabric line she made//
Tabby Road.  I know I have a half a yard of the cat food cans and I had thought, I 
had a half a yard of the kitty cats in blue.
I will make myself something with a Tula cat on it......
Cannot find it.

Today (at PT) I realized that I am on the backside of the hill. ,
To cheer myself, I thought I might buy a bit of Tabby Road for the lovely cat picture..
It is $40 a fat quarter on Etsy because now it is rare...Rare?? Did it not just come out yesterday?

 I was always so pleased with my memory.  I have little focus, so I got through life on my memory.
Now what????  Memory is going just like my joints. AND, I cannot have memory replacement.

Stitch always has to sleep on my rotary mat...good thing I am not completely brain dead...as you can see,
Stitch still has his tail.

I want to add an extra 2.5 inches to both ends of this piece.  Auditioning fabric here as
I am out of chickens...Neither seems to work for me...ugh... My sewing room is a mess.
My new friend, Vickie, just organized hers....jealous here.. I need Vickie..
Folks are sick of my grief posts, I am sure.
However, I found these two items to be interesting.
I have decided that grief is so huge and intense, that no friend could possibly win with it.
Whatever we say will be wrong, because nothing fixes it..Listening is the best.


Now, Anne Lamont and Brene Brown are wonderful reads...also TED talks...

I am ending with this picture...as it is definitely time for bed.  Must be nice to be one month old.


Craving Easter jelly beans., and of course, M&Ms..guess I will just go to bed.







 

2 comments:

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

Dearest Diane, Your struggles on a daily basis are overwhelming! However, you always seem to find a sliver of hope and joy.. I am interested to know how to pronounce the new Miss baby’s name? In the next 2-3 weeks I will be having Aortic Valve replacement at Atrium Main downtown, Charlotte..Will find out on Sept. 1st if I can have the TAVR technique or open heart surgery..Good thoughts are graciously accepted..Many hugs to you..keep going! Hugs, Susan D-L

Bridget said...

So much news! Aiofe is a little pixie cutie and I have grandchild envy. I figure our kids are probably never going to get on the grande bandwagon. Oh, well. Courage! You will find the right blue. It is there, and, like my stash, it hasn’t surfaced just yet.

Brent Brown is my new podcast hero. I’m sad to say I’d never heard of her until her new podcast appeared, but she has much wisdom based on her research. Cheers, Bridget