Sunday, August 30, 2020

Pearl got Covid....but Grandma O'Quilts got Tough!

The Keep on Turning quilt pattern by Jeni Baker.  This quilt on the design wall replaces the Chicken Scrap top...Thank goodness!!!

 Honestly, I felt like it was all over today. Peter had suggested that we all would die someday...and I was certain that today was my day. House a mess, I hurt all over, no hot water...again...still 

My Covid brain started in....The right shoulder is starting to hurt...Oh, No..it will have to be operated on,  I will never be 42 again...I have no friends who listen to me.  Blah, Blah, Blah...I cannot ride a bike., that same old story  that comes and goes. 

Finally, I told myself that I was making the wrong choice.  I went outside where my stationary bike is and rode for 30 min while reading Brene Brown.  I cleaned up the kitchen, and found books to donate. I cleaned my iron and folded some fabric...Wahoo, can you believe this...Somehow doing what I can do, instead of whining about what I cannot do...well, that scares the doo-doo out of Pearl!!!  Looks like today wasn't that awful day after all. My XDIL tells me that I need to get out of the house and stay in the day..so...I took a little drive.

When I googled "Poor Pitiful Pearl"   I found out that she was a real doll from 1957.  I never found her cousin, but now, I feel better..

What is saved for last????  You got it!!!    Our Aoife!!! (looking exactly like her daddy)                     She just loves Sundays!!



4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Do you like to do hexies. here is a stitch along -https://springdaisystitchery.com/2020/08/03/hexie-flower-sew-a-long/.
You do 2 hexie flowers a month with a theme, I think 1st month is sky. I have a box full.

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

my son and daughter in law both have had but came to see us yesterday , Dr said they shouldn't get it at least for 90 days so they are planning a trip to yellowstone. they said it took weeks to get their strength back

Michele Bilyeu said...

hooray for you!Even Pitiful Pearl was impressed! (Or just sulking because yiu didn't invite her on your 30 MINUTES!!stationary bike ride?

Michele Bilyeu said...

Also for your "chase your blues away " this little jazzy/bluesy number:
"Pitiful Pearl" by the Ronnie Ross Quintet- YouTube Music

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=LufGgv0-C1A&list=RDAMVMLufGgv0-C1A