Sunday, August 23, 2020

Grandma O'Quilts Plays Hide and Seek

This summer spread is on my bed now.  I bought it years ago when visiting a barn shop in Greenville, Alabama.  There is no quilting, it is backed with muslin.  This quilt is from the 1800's and it cost me $25.  That is what is going to happen to our quilts as time goes on...I do not care, because I make quilts for happy now..

Remember my excitement the other day when I got 24 seam rippers for $7 ?? They brought me joy...now I see that I already had that joy in February...the same seam ripper special....lost in my sewing room..OR, put in a special place...that I cannot find.!! I am indeed a sad case here... 

Aoife being held in one of her daddy's big hands...Amazingly wonderful.  Emily says that if she was born on July 22, then she is not one month until August 22....Her mother, here..thinks it goes by weeks....It is only with a tiny baby that we would squabble about something so ridiculous..

Ha ha....can you imagine a grown up, or even an older child thinking about that...? Aoife in her father's one big hand and his one big arm at one month....My heart....

Blue chickens still on my design wall...After auditioning 55 years worth of blue fabric, there is not one match in hue...not one.....annoying..Colors change throughout the years...still....

I decided to just forget it all and make a baby quilt for outreach...

Then I said...NO!!!...You are being lazy...You know that color challenges are your favorite part of quilting.. So...Here it stays while I work on something else.  The giraffes are OK..but I love my giraffe fabric and want to keep it for my burial...ha ha ha.

Stay tuned because now, Sandee has sent me to just the right place!!!

I had been in an annoyed snit all morning...lunch and a nap and Vickie...and voila!!! Blues and reds in order.  I cannot fold easily...I hate to, but when I am mad....wow...I can do it!!!

See what I found...no, not pink...no not purple  YELLOW!!!
And...Coronavirus fabric!!
My dear man is watching me...We are both wondering who is going to organize the black fabric...hmm
And when......
So it goes...Grateful to be able to take naps...
Did I mention how much I love my fabric??
Going now to make a kitchen bag holder for a friend.


2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Love seeing the photos of Aoife, isn't she a little dream baby! I don't envy you the job of tidying the blacks.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Beautiful baby! I agree with your daughter, if you are talking months.... but if you are talking weeks, it goes by weeks.... if that makes sense:). Your outreach baby quilt is so cute.