Saturday, August 15, 2020

There is Always an O'Quilt Story, or Two...

Cutest homemade socks..., Linda made.  I have not  heard from Aoife today.  Rumor has it that she will not sleep unless she is in the arms of her mother...lol..


Lynsey's masks...That girl ordered 3 dot com masks...She said those will be her favorite..she jumped up and down excited...OMG...excitement over masks?? I was surprised she wanted black and white...for
going back to school whenever that will be.  She picked the reproduction feedsack too. Under duress, she allowed me to make the batik star one, just in case someday......she may want to wear it.

2020 Our downstairs handicapped bathroom...built for my man with ALS...Now helps with COVID. We wash masks when we wash our hands and hang them to dry.  Easy to grab again on the way out.

Remote schooling starts Monday.

Last night Dylan dictated an email to his reading teacher.

It said...."Already 5th grade has ruined my life.  My sister said it is a lot of work with

a lot of reading.  I hate to read.  I hate chapter books.  I do not want to sit in front of a screen.

That is frustrating. and I am embarrassed that I cannot read well."

After he OK'ed it I sent it off

This morning...Saturday morning, mind you....The reading teacher sent two emails back on how she  loves Dylan and he will be OK and she will help him.  Then came an email from the school counselor with an encouraging note...Then an email from the principal with another lovely note, Then came a phone call from his teacher....Amazing support...all on a Saturday.

 Not only did Dylan smile, but so did his grandmother...

I had been going down that black Covid hole. 

The core problem is always grief.  That lonely wail of grief

Then I saw Michele's post....It gave me some tools to lean on.

 Light, Love and Healing, from our Michele

Another story.....Lynsey has an infection on her elbow, which has spread to two other circles of infection on her arm.  My son took her to our pharmacist last night who said it was an infection inside the skin which needed antibiotic.  It looks nasty, so he took her to the children's urgent care near Cotswold. The man at the desk looked at Lynsey and Eamon.

He said...we have several possible cases of Covid at this clinic now.  Are you comfortable with that???They left...OMG.....By this time it was 11pm, They had to leave their shoes outside our house , take showers, disinfect the keys and the driving wheel and cell phones...Oh, my what a life in 2020.

The good news is that the pediatrician's office has a new online system.  I sent her a note on My Chart and found a place where I could include a picture of the infection...

Wahoo. Now maybe we will not have to go in.

When school is starting and a kid cannot see his bestie..a $10 trip to the fish store cheers the day.

Stitch thinks that is a grand idea.. Fish already named:  Bug Eye, Calico, etc...


2 comments:

Cjsmimi said...

Thank you for my Sunday morning smiles, friend. Hug, hug, hug!! Now, back to sewing a birthday quilt due in two days :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh Diane, I just love you! I read your entire section about Dylan and reading and all of the support. We were so impressed by Dylan and so touched by the support.
Grief is a terrible road. I have decided it's a life's journey of learning.
Pre-grieving through all the months and years of illness, then the hole (holy) in the heart of their passing and our huge loss. And finally the transition where we cry and cry day after day for years. Then the easing...the "Hey! I didn't cry today!" Or "I only teared up but didn't sob." It gets ease-ier in little ways but loss is loss for ever until you finally feel them around you everywhere, anytime and talk through your heart through the veil.
You are here,he is there,but you are both still one through the veil.
One hand holding the other's on each side. Full hearts of love forever.

🕊💞🕊