Friday, August 28, 2020

That Kind of Day

Random small things...Playing in the parts department.  Four inch squares into two patches into four patches...for Guild donation quilt.
Moving on to examining this fabric for more potential.
I have five pair of comfy black pants that I wear everywhere...My movie star days are over..and I no longer care....However, they are about 15 years old now...I am going to experiment with knit sewing to sew a stain off the bottom of one them.  Problem is that I can no longer get these pants...I cannot find them online and I do not want to go into a store...I just watched a series on upcycling...Maybe I should add some funkiness to these...to match my personality...Stay tuned.


I finished organizing the paperwork from my old business to be shredded or burned.
The children were in school, in different rooms.
The AC went out..
Talk about turning crabby into happy.  When I called the repair folks, they said that they actually had a  truck in my area and could be here in one hour...WOW   
No pictures to show you of Aoife...but I did get to see her on Facetime with my daughter...
Such love..xo

I am so proud of my XDIL  She has come a miraculously long way...This afternoon, She took the four kids for the weekend, Three of them with their chrome books to finish school work for Monday...Amazing.  And, she still looks beautiful.  She is a new person.

Question:  Poor Pitiful Pearl has a cousin....Mona cannot remember her name!!!
Does anyone know her name???  We all will need to look out for her.

Now, dear me....there is no hot water again....This old house with everything going at the same time!!

Ending with a story:
Lynsey, during a school break today, came into my sewing room.
She said that she knew that school was harder for me than it is for her.
And, that I probably had to sit at the front of the room with a dunce cap on because I talk too much.
I said,  Lynsey, how do you know so much about my schooling???
I saw it on, Little House on the Prairie!!!!!




 

1 comment:

Peter K said...

I meed to meet Lynsey.