Friday, August 18, 2023

An Almost All Better Lovely Day

Thursday's visit with  Susie...a fine time...below  treats she made for me....lunch out and friendship...nothing could be better....well, maybe pistachio baklava!!!!

Always have to include Ms Aoife and her dog Rosie.  They are having fun at the beach.
Cheap and fun fans for my sister and me...The battery charges on the computer...Amazing.
Thursday's addition to my potholder stash...it is so depleted.
Isn't this a great backing. If I was not so old, it would be being saved on my shelf!!
Great visit today from one of my favorite quilters, Mac Barnes.  If you are on Instagram, Mac Barnes Art is where you should be headed....This is the best T-shirt quilt I have ever seen..All YMCA T-shirts!!

Way too tired tonight to finish this....a good tired....tomorrow is another day.

OK. then:  Friday  night!!! This donation quilt came out just fine with a bit of value in the border.
Giving the top and batting, etc. to a WV  holiday giveaway.  As you know, value does the work, and color gets the credit!

This potholder top is the very reason, my friends, that we should keep every bit of fabric we have forever and forever.
Never would have dreamed that this striped pink/brown fabric would just make the potholder!!!

Tomorrow is our Guild monthly sit and sew.
No matter how I feel, I will go.  So need some quilty companionship and love!!



4 comments:

deb oldenburg said...

I read your blog every day that you post. Your color sense and fabrics are amazing. Probably have followed you for last 2 to 3 years. Keep sewing!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Aoife is growing up fast. She is leading an adventurous life with her backpack and walking trails and going to the beach.

I'll have to look for those fans. Such pretty colors.

That is a perfect border for that quilt. You have a lot of cute fabrics in the quilt and I love the pinwheels scattered in it.

Potholders are little mini quilts to try out different fabric combinations. The stripe really does make that last one.

Mystic Quilter said...

You truly are getting back into your quilting life Diane, so good to see. Do hope you enjoyed your Guild visit.

Peter K said...

Such beauty, Diane! You share your heart.