Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Fellow Traveler, Flowers and a Finish

Tonight's finish, but for the snipping tomorrow in the yard.
The green fabric here is from an estate sale. Fabric from the 1930's with the price tag still attached...29 cents.
Close up below: quilted by Mary Jerz
I used reproduction fabrics to pair with the green for the rectangular blocks.
Tonight's potholder:
Tonight's work:  next border...albeit wavy, for the giving quilt.
Reading today in the  yard when...thunder clouds appeared. Lovely
Lisa, a 20  year fellow traveler of mine...visited today.  So wonderful!! She has a business in native plants...she shared some with me and fussed with my garden.  Here it is after her help:  Columbine, Goldenrod, Coral  Honeysuckle...and more...What would I do without Lisa.??

Once she left, I  had the energy to do some Gardenia starts with distilled water in my left over hospital jug.  I punched holes in it so the mosquitoes would not bother us. One more extension of the gift from Great-Aunt Carl from Greenville, Alabama.  Also river rocks from Lisa's nature space.

Every day I am stronger and happier...
Like they say,  "Do not try to fix the storm.  The storm will pass. Work on fixing yourself"
Big thanks to the village of friends that help me.

2 comments:

Chuck Overman said...

Glad you are doing well, my friend. Stay strong and be courageous in your faith...hugs

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy to see your quilting happening!! You have a lovely little garden in your new place, do show us more photos when all are blooming.