Sunday, August 6, 2023

Hot and Rainy Sunday

Posting a bit tonight to carry on....Made this rope bowl.  Too lazy to change the thread so the pink thread makes the bowl look pink .  I am not crazy about it, but maybe someone will like it for the holidays.
side view
bottom view
While on zoom tonight, I chose the fabric for this unfinished potholder top.
Also trimmed the batting from a quilted top ready for the binding.  Great use of time.
Thanks to the long arm  expertise of Mary Jerz, I now have all these quilts to bind, plus more.

There was more patio reading today.  Finishing the second book this week.
Fun things are scheduled ahead, trying to focus on self and not on what is left of my sad family issues...I am getting better every day and am grateful xo

Hello Monday....Hello friends and more sewing.







 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a lot of binding to do!!

Cjsmimi said...

Love your rope bowl, love your pot holder…love all the quilts to bind (wow!)
How do you bind? By hand or machine?
As for family issues, you are on the right track. We can only control our own actions…it’s difficult to step back. You deserve an award for gracefully accepting so many changes in your life. I’m watching you for your wisdom and life lessons for me!