Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Trunk Show and More

My little talk on scrap quilting included my trunk show to share with new quilting friends

New design wall.  Called in maintenance so I would not have to bother my friends.
He resized the ceiling insulation I  used, he helped me cover it with batting and adhered it to the wall. I so  could have  done all that myself when younger...grrrr

Then he had to go home...Dear me....I have one left.  For this one alone, it was $40 in labor...And why????
Because Lowe's workers cut the boards all screwy and uneven....so I had to pay someone else to re-size them....Oh, well...at least this one  is done.  Old quilt blocks already on it. I love having design walls all over my apartment.  The worker is coming again tomorrow to do the smaller ones at 10:30. 

 Quilters certainly disappear in the summer..That is why I had to read....going somewhere in books. So miss my quilting friends.
Trader Joe's is the best place for flowers.  My favorites:  Sunflowers.
They shine in my old, chipped, Rivieraware pot.
All reminds me of dear friend, Norie Sanchez.  She painted the picture below from
a picture just like this...It is one of my favorite things.
First Christmas gift below: made by my friend Cherie.  Thank you Cherie!!

Monday, the 21st is my clearance day from my doctors.  Out from jail to be a free human at last 
xo



2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It takes time to heal. Time well spent to be healthy and able. Beautiful painting. I love a design wall. You will love it.

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

Diane, I would love to have a design wall and glad you have several to use. Your quilt blocks are absolutely stunning and will make a beautiful quilt too. I enjoy sunflowers and your pottery makes your sunflowers stand out so nicely.