Saturday, August 19, 2023

The Quandary of a Color Addict

Fabric collecting and quilting are two different passions...hence the struggle:
Do I save my favorite fabrics for the trailer hitch on the hearse???
Or do I use them in projects????



Finishing this potholder, I found two choices:  the conservative one...an old raspberry, or the fun color challenge, gold tooth brushes....The tooth brushes are a new treat....so of  course I wanted to save them...for what ???  probably for when I turn 85??  Instead, I used them...I love the contrast.  This other yellow was not so special, but it was just a shade off and I could not do it...kind of like my daughter and her music...a bit off will never do. I love the quilting on the back...Actually I just love this potholder.

 Went to the Guild Sit and Sew this morning for 3 hours....All said that they were happy to help me and glad I came...very nice.  This outing was the first big outing since my operations and it totally did me in. Someone rudely mentioned that it took longer for older people to recoup....What...Older People???  Certainly they did not infer that I was in that category???  If 55  is considered senior, what the heck is 75??

I have been making bindings for the hundreds of UFOs Mary Jerz quilted for me.  Above: Two bindings sewn and ironed...Mindless simplicity for a group sewing task.

It is wonderful to be in this lovely safe comfy apartment with my little patio for reading and my big sunroom for sewing.

This weeks gifting....a baby  quilt for Aubrey!
Good night!


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Why don't you keep that potholder, a gift to yourself.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wow all your quilt/potholder are beautiful but this one is adorable.
Glad you are doing so well and want to get better.