Monday, October 5, 2015

The Cleansing





 See Mrs. O'Quilts fold her fabric.
Cousin Ann is coming and I so wanted her to think I was normal!!
Alas, I will not finish my organizing, so she will see the real thing.
So cannot do my whites....help!!!
Greens are so many that they cannot be single stacked.
Since I throw out there all my emotional stuff...
Why am I embarrassed about my messy, hoarding:)??

Here goes 50 years of fabric collecting
Here goes 2.5 years of therapy fabrics

The bottom three pictures are in the "bonus" room
This is where my office was and my dear man's hospital bed was.
I am determined to make this room my own....
Below, new office supplies..
 Christmas, Hannukah, Halloween and childrens fabric in my love's old office bookcase
 My 30's in the antique chest of drawers.
This used to be in our bedroom, now it holds sewing apparatus and the 30's fabric.

I think, Rachel is right, no matter the work of organizing.
The fabrics will get mixed up anyway...sigh

On phone an hour with Social Security today.
They have not started processing my claim.
Six months...irritating, but I handled it.

An absolutely amazing thing has happened.  I have not cried in 5 days.
After moping with the blinds closed last week, something changed.
I feel that Himself is with me now as I advocate for the children and make things happen.
We are together as the journey continues.
For today, I am grateful.
 

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The organizing of fabric is a "feel good" task whether is stays that way or not. I like to take piles down and reverse the order one piece at a time, just to touch and revisit each print. Petting fabric = therapy.

smazoochie said...

The younger set call that "honest craft room". I think it looks delicious.
As you organize, I hope you are finding things you had forgotten. Enjoy the process.
I am sorry you are having such trouble with the SS, advocate for yourself.

Mary said...

What a fabulous fabric stash! Wanda's right. Petting fabric is therapy.

Karaquilts said...

Ditto to all of the above. I am a serious (and serial) fabric fondler.

I suspect Cousin Ann will love you all the more because you aren't "normal"!!! Just be you and enjoy her and she will love the real you. Who could help it?

BlueRidge Quilter said...

The fabrics look wonderful. All color stacked and so cheery. So glad you are feeling better!!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your fabric collection, you have something for every occasion.
Hugs