Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And, the Good News Is.......

After 6 months of waiting, my widow social security benefit finally came through.
 Celebrate!!!!....Back pay too.
Of course, it went into the wrong account...but,, OK then...$$$$ is here!
Fall is here as well.
I did not think I could do autumn without my dear man.
Fall came anyway.  If Ever I Would Leave You

Evan put up all the decorations...great boy!!
And, Evan goes to sleep with the classical music station, just like Granddaddy did.
Love that boy!!

I am sick...ugh, grrrrr.
Gotta cold...gotta sore throat and gotta cough.
Started asthma treatments right away, cuz I know where this always takes me.
Did I say, ugh and grrrrr??
I have cancelled everything for this week.
Two widows groups, the kids' therapy appts, lunches,
.... and even my beloved Wednesday night quilting group.
I am for self-care so this cold will not end up asthmatic bronchitis.

My sister spotted these at IKEA
the  FINNBY bookcase
Doesn't it scream, stack fabric here???? Doesn't it??
Well They are $30 bucks each...Two for me and one for her, for a housewarming present.
And she will assemble them, that is more great news.
FINNBY Bookcase IKEA The shelves are adjustable so you can customize your storage as needed.
 I am trying to make "that" room my own..
Shunning the sounds of  the life support equipment of ALS
For color. for fabric and for my own use.
I so love red.
My husband has now been diagnosed 2 and 1/2 years, including the 6 months dead..
Therefore, it has been 2 and 1/2 years that I have been hysterical in disbelief.
The pain lingers, the fog is still here...mud brain.
I am still so exhausted.
Every day the loss hits me more and more.
I must make my house my own.
I must start with the fabric.

6 comments:

The Civil War Quilter said...

Sorry for your loss. It's hard to move on but day by day it will be easier. Quilting has always been therapeutic for me. I hope it comforts you as you mourn the loss of your dear husband.

ES said...

The red shelves are perfect! Take care if yourself now you've got a cold. It's heating up here as the summer approaches!

Barb said...

feel better so you can enjoy fall and the new red shelf!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

You did so need red. This post brought tears to my eyes. So, I had to think about that. Six months dead, and If I ever should leave you, and going to be listening to his beloved grandads favorite music. Yep. Pulling us out again and back into RED. Yes, we need the pulsating, life affirming, yang energy, sacral chakra of roots and family of RED. Go red. Do your stuff. We need magic. Now, please.

Karaquilts said...

PFWHEW!! so glad Social Security finally found you ~ ~ and the bank account will be easy compared to getting started. Or at least I hope so.

I hope "that" room will be a place where you can feel the arms of love and the aroma of contentment as you move forward. How grateful to have quilting to tenderly heal your heart. and fabric to sort and fondle and generate dreams and seeds of comfort.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a relief that Social Security is sorted!! Evan has done a wonderful job of decorating. Have fun putting your fabrics on their new wonderful red home.