Saturday, July 6, 2013

Getting a Grip

Ok, then....a little reminder found in my pile!!!
 Finished the last two of the Dr. Seuss changing pads...now all ready to go when delivery is needed.
 Cute backings make them even happier.
 Sherry put up my blinds.....so no one will be learning how to sew at my expense in the dark, dark night.
Muggs and Jerry brought me the latest of the Marie Bostwick books.
I feel well supported by my friends...Thank u friends!!
I visited my mother this morning.  Her nasty cough of several weeks is much worse.  Hospice nurse came out and set up a patch and some drops for under the tongue.  Because of the Parkinson's muscle deterioration in her throat, she struggles to swallow and she struggles to cough it up.  It was so scary for me and terrifying for her.  ( We still managed a bit of a chat.)

I came home and cooked pork chops.  I ate one and froze the rest.  One way to get a grip on this life of ours.

5 comments:

smazoochie said...

It's just one foot in front of the other, isn't it?
So glad you had a bit of a visit with your Mom. So pleased you have such good friends looking after you. And aren't we lucky to have found a passion that we love & are good at & can help others by doing? What a joy!

inese said...

I'm kind of going through the same with my Mom. Smazoochie says it well, don't you think? Hugs. Quilting is saving my life.

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear of your Mom's struggles. Hugs to you and her!

What good friends you have! No more big black hole where your window is. (that kind of creeps me out at night too). And so glad Herb got rid of those yellowjackets - they're nasty!

Some days it's easier to get a grip than others - I hope you have more of the good ones!

Teresa said...

I understand all too well what you and your mom are going through. No doubt it means the world to her to have you come to spend time with her. Love your little sign!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm hoping your mom is more comfortable now the patch is working. it must be so hard for both of you. I'm always happy to hear how your friends are around and helping you. I've heard interviews with Mary Bostwick, now you've reminded me that I shoud track down some of her books.