Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Tuesday Adventure

Today we had an adventure to Belmont.  An adorable quilt store with adorable prices and adorable Vicki, who owns it all, The Quilted Thimble
 U just know a woman cannot go near a fabric store without a bit of sampling .....

After lunch and a bit of a walk....it was on to a Belmont antique store...Oh, happy day!!! 
You should see what I left behind!!!!!
Here are the treasures that made it home with me...lucky them/ lucky me!
It is vintage game table, A Replogle Play Tray from the early 50's...I cannot wait to go online to see how to play it!!  A game with the states of our country.  I have never even heard of it, but loved it at first glance.  So I see that it came with 5 game pieces, an airplane, boat, train, car, etc...and two die...I do not have those, but can improvise.  Goal to get from one side of the country to the other...cannot find how to play...Does anyone know??
A few Fire King bowls to match my kitchen and the Granny Smith apples from our tree.  I am going to make applesauce and serve it in these dishes!
Fun!

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

You came home with lots of wonderful things. Fabulous bright yummy fabrics!! And I love the play tray!! I hope you find out how to play it.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

This is the first year I have apples on my Granny Smith Apple Tree. Most of them seem to be rotting before ripening. The rabbits are loving them! I will have to adventure out to the Quilted Thimble. You found some pretty fabrics! Hope to see you this evening. I hope - I have been up since 4:00 a.m. :).