Monday, July 29, 2013

The No-Mistake, Mistake....

I saw these fabric on fabric.com a few months back...They were on sale and I loved them....perfect quilting fabrics.  Alas, when they came, they were a deco fabric..too heavy for quilting...I was so annoyed with self for being a dummy!   

Today..good came from bad! I decided to started on holiday sewing.
Ironing pads!!
 They are 36 by 22...as I wanted to get the best use of the ironing board fabric. (I did not use pre-quilted, but quilted my own). I left the back bigger so I could self bind...with the enormous help of heavy duty starch to keep the binding in place.  I put inside both batting and Insul-Bright because I am always worried about ruining furniture on a retreat or at someone's house.  That, with the decor fabric, makes them quite protective.

I adapted these from the tutorial here.

5 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

What a great idea! I need to make one for Sweet Teen so that if she's in a hurry, she won't have to go find an ironing board in the dorm.
Will have to stop at Jo-Ann's next time we're in town.

smazoochie said...

You rock!!
Lemonade from lemons!

MariQuilts said...

These look great!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've done the same thing, mixing my fabrics up. Your ironing pads are a brilliant idea!! And the fabrics are gorgeous!

Urknees said...

Love the colours in the fabric and love the resultng ironing pads - what a great idea. Especially the lovely maker's labels.