Friday, July 26, 2013

Thru the Looking Glass....Happily

Why do quilters post pix about their cats????  Tigger is your  cat Emily...Your college cat...He is still at my house and now 10....Come and get him right now!!!!...Oh, never mind....
 Here we are 25 years ago when Mr. O'Quilts and I both worked at the Miccosukee Indian Reservation in the Everglades.  It was an hour drive from our home in Miami to the School.  He was the tribe counselor and I was the school counselor...for a year...There was no mandatory school attendance at that time.  So, I had 10 children in 9th grade, 6 children in 10th grade, 3 in 11th and one in 12th!!  It was considered impolite to look a person in the eye, so I did counseling with parents, thru an interpreter looking at the wall instead of giving eye contact.  It was a very interesting year!!
 

2 comments:

smazoochie said...

Such interesting paths you followed! A beautiful family!
Love your shirts, still have them?

Margo said...

great post! I can so relate...We have "Tigger" as well, left behind by the youngest daughter! Ha ha... He is my quilting buddy. When I head to the studio, he is right on my heels!