Monday, September 28, 2020

A Lovely Night Breeze Through my Sewing Room WIndow

Collecting for my 2020 quiltlet.  Spoonflower....love!!!
Given a huge bag of pears by a neighbor...no wasting food!!
Last night I peeled them all and cooked them down into pear sauce for smoothies, etc.
All ready here for the freezer:


You know Thoreau's saying, "Humility like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights" ?  Well exhaustion reveals simple pleasures. (not by Thoreau!!)

Physical therapy decided today to up the ante... Number 5 on the bike, higher numbers on the bars...walking more...OMG.  I was so exhausted that once home, my outside reading led into a 2 hour nap...right there in the chair....book open, but not read.

Resting in my sewing room now:  window,open, light breeze, cicada music,  I am enveloped in peace.

Once again, Aoife's daddy shows his support for quilting and quilting apparatus:
On the ruler, on the kitchen scale is our 10.5 pound Aoife.
Pictures of Aoife give me great joy!!

The 12 blocks of Shoofly.

Now to putter in my sewing room to the tune of Netflix..



1 comment:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a boon to receive those pears and you can pull them out anytime. Aoife is so cute. Naps outside are refreshing! Love your RBG fabric. And Netflix is so great in the sewing room!