Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Attack of the Covid Brain

Thank you Aoife for cheering me so!!!! Guess it is cold in Missoula!!
Below, Ashley's bag holder:
My physical therapist and her boyfriend are obsessed board game folks...When I found a bit of this fabric, I knew I could incorporate it into a plastic bag holder for her...She is leaving for her doctorate in physical therapy in January.  But, I cannot wait.. I am giving her  this good-bye, I love you, present tomorrow!!
 Last night I was in such a snit..I took it out on my son and DIL...in two different episodes....Called "Grandma O'Quilts goes nuts,"  And, "Grandma O'Quilts goes nuttier"

My doctor said get out of the house or you will die of something else

My physical therapist said that I need to walk around the grocery stores.

My DIL said I would go nuts if I did not get out of the house..

My son said the same....Oh, no..I did not listen

Instead, I obsessed about the fires and bad air, I obsessed about the children giving me COVID, I obsessed about my son working and not having time to help us. I obsessed about my failure as a remote school teacher...

I had to apologize to everyone. Self care for me is now....a cheese omelet with wild onions and 3 pieces of  cinnamon toast, just like my grandma made!!!!!  Comfort food.

The morning light brought a stunning revelation:  

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow (Thank you Suzette for the prompt!)

Here Comes the Sun  Today I am reading in my yard sooo thankful.  Yesterday I went to borrow some books from the library for the first time in 7 months...After I got to the library, someone brought the books to my car and I did not have to go in...sooo nice!!
People can be marvelous.  Look at Chay...She lives in Missoula where my girl is staying. Chay gave us good advice....Stay put because, unfortunately the smoke will follow you as the wind shifts.

The measurements for the bag:
Fabric: 20x25 inchs
Top: 11 inches of 1/4 inch elastic
Bottom:  6.5 inches of 1/4 inch elastic
Strap:  14 inches.
I got this from Muggs.  I do not think she invented it so I used it..hmm
Muggs...hope that is OK
And, isn't it wonderful that I have 6 trillion yards of 1/4 inch elastic now.
All prepared for mask making and bag making 

3 comments:

Peter K said...

Thanks as always, Diane. Especially for the 2 songstresses

Peter K said...

Thanks as always, Diane. Especially for the 2 songstresses

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope your family keep safe and find a spot away from the fires, hope you enjoyed your 'plate of self care', sounds a good idea.