Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Breathing and Humming...

Ruby star masks I made tonight..Just awaiting the super cool ties Emily ordered for me.
And this:

 The other night about 4:30 am...I heard noises downstairs....BOO!!
Of course, I was nervous and called for my son.  There he was with a pipe cutter
and a grin on his face.  He said that an idea came to him while he was sleeping that he could take a part off the old hot water heater to put on the new one...He got up, he fixed it and we have had hot
water ever since.. OMG so grateful I had kept my mouth shut...Now this saved money!!!!

My beautiful new Aoife is in Portland,Oregon with my girl and her man...Boom the winds knocked the electricity off....Boom, an air quality alert from the surrounding fires..  They are told to keep their windows shut..hmmm...Aoife is sleeping and does not seem to  mind.  I mind and I am in Charlotte with electricity and no fires.!!!

Power out for 49,000 customers as high winds move in to Portland

A High Wind Warning is in effect until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Winds in Portland picked up just before 5 p.m., bringing wildfire smoke from the east.

The two granddarlings are home.  Last night their father took them on a bike ride with the dog through the woods.  They ended up at Trader Joe's ...in the dark...calling grandma to come get them.
Good memories.  They have lots of folks who love them.
They are going to their mother's again this upcoming weekend.. I do not know what I will do with all the relaxation I am getting!!

And then there was today...such a surprise stress city...out of the blue...
Grandma breathing, Grandma humming.
Two emails from teachers that Dylan is not doing his work.
There is a rule in this house that if any teacher takes time out of her/his busy day to contact me, there will be consequences...Thus:
Thank you Dylan for making my bobbins!!!

Lynsey has studied hard and has good grades...She wanted to borrow my I-pad for Tik Tok
I encouraged her to find something else to do...as I sliced the eggplant.
She said...Well, then I will make dinner myself and you can sew.
Voila...eggplant parmesan...It was so yummy...It took me awhile before I realized that she had forgotten the Mozzarella cheese...Sooo funny...
As I was cleaning the kitchen, I found this under a dish towel..

What is this??? Oh, said Lynsey, I am trying the bread again.  I want to get it right this time.

How can I be stressed with a girl like Lynsey.
One day at a time, Grandma....one day at a time!!!


3 comments:

Peter K said...

You are blessed!

Karaquilts said...

Hot water is very nice!!! glad it is restored and that your son resolved it. You were wise and kind to step back and let him figure it out.

Wishing your Portland family power and fresh air! Those fires are something. My Las Vegas daughter has had to quit exercising outdoors because of air quality from the fires.

My California girl and her husband have the cars packed and loaded in preparation for evacuation. What a season.
We may have too much humidity, but I'm thankful for clean air and indoor power for my air conditioning!!

Tell that Dylan boy to get his school act together ~ ~ though I do like the set of full bobbins. I could use him right now!!!

Enjoy today. xoxoxoxo

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

Mornin Diane, My daughter, Irene and husband live just outside of Portland, OR. I am so concerned about their well being with the thick smoke .What a nightmare!