Friday, September 4, 2020

Grandma O'Quilts Did not Outgrow AD/HD

 I worked on four patches today...to put in my parts department...Having a nice parts department inspires creativity on a blue kind of day.  I also cut and ironed the backings for the purple quilt I just finished and for the Chicken Feed quilt.

Focus,  Impulsivity, Hyperactivity....
UGH...My son has it too...only he has OCD to tame it. Here he is cutting the batting for two quilts in 
preparation for spray basting.  I was trimming the batting...myself.. He told me I was being careless...and he would do all the trimming himself.. Gladly...I handed it over.

But, before I did...yup...this is me...the woman who has been quilting for 50 some years..
While trying to trim back the edges of the batting...sure...I cut right into a front square...
I am not happy with myself...not at all.....
Dearest Eithne made this for me.  I think she is re-framing my craziness into something nicer.
Thank you Eithne...I just love it.  It came in the mail today.
This came with it.  On the Upcycle videos this past week, the presenter had one of these.
I had never ever heard of it...Was going to order one when Eithne  offered to give me hers.
This afternoon the leaves came down. 
 They were not too pretty, but they were leaves down
And, that means fall...my very favorite season ever.
Tomorrow afternoon I am going to a big party...Lots of old people stuffed in a room doing the rumba.
NOT! ...a small gathering in a driveway with masks, 6 feet apart....no rumba. Still fun.

If this post looks unbalanced...it is the fault of the New Blogger..just sayin'

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bought that Alice in Wonderland embroidery pattern too but haven't stitched it out yet. I haven't turned on the embroidery machine for months.