Thursday, September 24, 2020

Day after Day....

Easing my soul, making a bowl.  This time I used regular cotton with a wide blue and white stripe. The regular cotton leaves some fuzzies unlike batiks....but I kind of like the look.  This bowl is relatively small...diameter is 6  inches.I love it and was immediately relaxed.

This Kaffe has been stewing on the design wall...Finally I figured it out.
Just need to sew on the red borders, but I could not wait to show you.
Blacks are all folded now...I am such a lucky lady to have folding friends.
Guess we will look at the Halloween/ Thanksgiving fabric next!!

Now ALL the whites are done..!!!  Yeah...After Covid, what in the world will I do
with a clean sewing room???  Oh, never mind!!!

The fabric hanging on the left .....One lot is flannel and one lot is linen, both of them are sorta masculine....What pattern to use??  What to do...so exciting.

 Lynsey is 11.  She was telling me about this "friend" at school last year, who told Lynsey not to wear makeup any more because it was illegal at school  Lynsey's answer was that she is not wearing make up...Her cheeks are naturally soft Irish white and pink and her lips are naturally rosy red.....

Dear me, that girl is dramatic.

  She came home from a visit with her mother....like this:  Maybe it is for Halloween??


Dear Zoe, we love you so.  I had thought that a black lab being 12...your end was near.
Then I found that part of you is another breed....that helps in longevity...and you are like a race horse..lean and a great runner...You know, Squirrels 501 and Zoe 0... a lot of exercise.
We are just going to love you for today and not worry about tomorrow!!


Look at the absolutely adorable fabric I found on Spoonflower
I am going to make a 2020 small wall hanging...exciting!!
Collecting fabric for that...this one will be part of it.

Chuck Eye steak is also called "poor man's" steak.
It is our favorite kind.
Tonight I showed Lynsey how to marinate the meat for a few hours.
She also put the baked potatoes in the microwave...easy peasy.
My son is going in late to work tomorrow so I can go to physical therapy.
Today was another good day.  My son went to the doctor for a refill on his meds.
My DIL is going to help with remote schooling next week.
Lynsey announced how much she loves history...
And Grandma here, is almost finished with her above quilt top!!!



2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Love those borders!!!! Lynsey is growing up, trying new things but if they're not allowed make-up at school will they allow the hair colour?
The sign of growing older in our dear four legged family members - the white muzzle, I remember that well from all our lovely dogs.

Chay said...

Love the striped stop border on your quilt - a great addition. In the pictures the blocks on your quilt look purple on my screen but I wonder - are they actually white? I think Lynsey is a very special girl learning special things from her Grandma.