Sunday, September 6, 2020

Patching it Up with a Story or Two


My daughter told us she was pregnant in January..We were thrilled.
In February, I decided to look around in Marshals for some baby things.
You know,  once a grandma...always a grandma.
I found about 6 or 7  lovely cozy sleepers in the various small sizes.
Thank God I went then because a month later, the country closed down.
When I was home from the store, I found this extra pair of pants wadded between one of the outfits.
There was a small stain on the knee.  I kept it and I kept it and wondered what to do with it.
My girl is quite the fussy one with baby cloths as I was.
Tonight was the night I used the new ball point needle, a small zigzag stitch and did a rough
applique over that spot.
I also fixed the hem on my comfy black pants.
These were my first knit projects.
Below is my exciting new purchase of the polyester thread that I was told to use when working with knits.  Isn't it a pretty sight!!!  Colorful thread!! With bobbins to boot!

Alas...I should have known.  It was a mistake.  What did I think I was getting for
$14?????? Certainly not Aurefil!!!!!
With a thrill, I started on my new adventure, I threaded the needle...Why so hard to thread..??.
I started sewing.  The needle broke, Why???? Because the thread was so rough and thick.
In my excitement, distracted by the glorious picture of the pretty threads on Amazon.and the good price..It never occurred to me to look for the Size of thread.

This new thread and its bobbins will have to be  donated...Where, I do not know.
I already threw away the box.so I cannot return it.
On the above two projects, I used regular Aurefil and it worked just fine.

Don't you just hate to learn lessons the hard way...and over and over again??
At least this time, the lesson only cost $14.

It is 12:30 am   My son and his friend have been working on the new water heater for four hours.
I just tip toed out to peak...no guys and no new water heater.
I had wanted to hire it out, but my son insisted he could do it to save money.
Please God help me keep my mouth shut and just go to bed !!!!!

No comments: