Thursday, September 10, 2020

The World is on Fire

 Here she is..our Aoife.  On the way home from her doctor visit.
7 weeks old, ten pounds...and totally beautiful..
She had 3 shots and did not like them one bit!!
Below, a present from Emily...a new kind of mask tie.
I hope to try these out tomorrow.
Lynsey's second try at making bread...She hated it...It was gooey...It did not hold its form. She was never making bread again...She sounded like me sewing!!!!!!
She added flour and her hands got sticky and she whined....And then, she cooked it...and now...
She is way proud of herself...Way proud...as she should be. Especially when it was made in her great-great grandma's cast iron pot!! 

Last year she read about the Holocaust...and she read about American slavery and then about migrant workers immigrating from Mexico.  She is incensed. She cannot believe that people treat other people like this..She stomped her foot and exclaimed....Why did I not know about any of this before??
Jeeze Lynsey, you are only 11.
Her conclusion was that Coronavirus is nothing compared to any of that!
I am trying to encourage her to write an opinion piece, but she refuses.

Help needed here from fellow bloggers.  There are a number of blogs I follow whose posts I never ever see on my feed.  I do not know how to get them back...Where have they gone...Reminds me of Facebook where I only see a few friends...grrr...Help needed.

The above treats came today. I told myself I had to have a treat because I was so going around the bend....again...a bundle of 17 solid fat quarters on Etsy.  Today was the day I really needed them.
I even emailed my accountant to share what I had done...I got approval!!!!  Wahoo.
The last few days have been terribly stressful...I am going to make a rope bowl tonight to calm myself.
The kids good mother came to get them after school today as Dylan did not take his AD/HD medication today.  His teacher emailed me that he joined the zoom and turned off the monitor  so he could just go do something else...Alas, his teacher is smarter than that.  He was marked unexcused absence!!

My son is getting his tires balanced and hopefully his flu shot.
I was just in the grocery store to walk and decided to get my own flu shot.
I had thought I would wait until October 1, but the new pharmacist said that she was afraid that there might be a shortage of the senior flu vaccine and suggested I take it now.  So I did.
Hopefully, the children's mother will take the kids to get theirs too..Nice to get things out of the way!!
Below is my new mask experiment.  I am going to sew the 2 inches of white elastic to the ends of the coral elastic so it can go thru the mask tube and still be adjustable...stay tuned.

Look at this:  Almost the entire west coast is on fire.
No photo description available.

OMG  

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you got your flu shot. That map is really so sad. I hope you stay safe.